Effective Date: October 20, 2019
Legal Basis for Processing of the Information.
Information Collected from You by BFTE.
Information Automatically Collected Through the Service.
When you use the Service, BFTE may automatically collect information about you. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may collect information about your geo-location, including your geo-location relative to and within third party merchant locations. Further, we may collect information such as your mobile device ID, device type, and your use of functions, features, or notifications on the device, as well as signal strength relating to WIFI or Bluetooth battery level, functionality, temperature, and similar technical data. We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the Service. If you use the Service through a mobile device and you do not want us to collect your geo-location information you may change your preferences through the “Settings” feature of the BFTE mobile application.
If you access the Service through a computer, we may collect and store information such as your browser type, IP address, language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the website, the pages you view, the services you use, the date and time of your visit, the websites you visited immediately before and after visiting our websites, error logs, and other hardware and software information. BFTE. maintains log files of the traffic that visits our Site. We do not link any information gathered in these log files to personal information. Log files are used to manage traffic loads and information technology requirements for providing reliable service. We may use third party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, and various technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information. We may use this information to formulate statistical models about use of the Service, enhance the Service for our users, and provide you with tailored content and advertising. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you review your browser opt-out settings.
Information Automatically Collected Through Cookies.
The Service may include links to other websites, third-party advertising, and other content from third-party businesses. These businesses, third-party websites, and advertising companies, or advertisers working on their behalf, may use web beacons and cookies to optimize or personalize advertising content, measure the effectiveness of their ads, and to track users who click on the links made available through the Service. These third-parties may use web beacons and cookies to track the actions of users online over time and across different platforms or web sites to deliver targeted electronic advertisements to an individual user. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes you can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. We do not have control over or access to cookies or web beacons that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third parties and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Furthermore, if you access the Service through the internet, your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. BFTE, however, will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Service in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
Use of Information by BFTE.
BFTE may use information that we collect about you through the Service to:
- personalize, measure, customize, and improve our services, advertising, and content and otherwise to enhance your experience of the Service;
- contact you with information, including marketing, promotional, and advertising information and recommendations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- generate and review reports and data about our user base and service usage patterns;
- analyze the usability, accuracy, effectiveness, or popularity of the Service;
- provide you with information we deem relevant when you visit third party merchant locations;
- compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes; and
- provide you with other services requested by you as described when we collect the information.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties.
BFTE may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Business Transfers; Bankruptcy. If BFTE becomes involved in a merger, sale of assets, acquisition, securities offering, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, BFTE may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with the applicable transaction.
- Our Service Providers: We may share your information with third party contractors or service providers who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service or otherwise responding to your customer service requests. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to provide your information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use for the Service.
- Aggregate Information. BFTE may share information relating to users and visitors of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Law Enforcement Authorities. To the extent permitted by law, we may share your information with governmental agencies, law enforcement, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other user of the Service to legal liability, or to protect our rights or property, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
No Spam, Spoofing, or Spyware.
To report BFTE-related spoof or spam emails to us, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the BFTE Terms and Conditions.
BFTE takes reasonable measures to protect the information you provide to BFTE or submit through the Service against theft, loss, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. We cannot, however, warrant or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to BFTE or submit through the Service and you do so at your own risk. No internet or email transmission is ever error-free or fully secure. Email sent through or to the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Wherever we collect sensitive information that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us to notify us.
Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence.
Accessing, Managing, and Changing Your Information.
You may change and update the information you provide through the Service, or change your preferences concerning how we use your information, as follows:
Changing, Updating or Deleting Your Information.
You may make changes to the user information you have provided in connection with your BFTE account by logging in to your account and changing the information, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BFTE does not control the information you provide to Gateway Services. If you want to change your preferences with regard to how an applicable Gateway Service collects or uses your information in connection with the Service, you should review the privacy practices of the applicable Gateway Service and adjust your privacy or other settings directly through the applicable Gateway Service.
No Use by Children.
BFTE is not intended for use by children under the age of thirteen (13). We will never knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not provide us with information of any kind whatsoever. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be familiar with the websites they visit. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Retention of Your Information.
How to Contact Us.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request via email to the email provided above.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes. You may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out Link and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out Link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.